Barley with ghee and mineral salt Garbanzo beans with ghee, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, asafetida, and mineral salt Kale with coconut oil, fresh ginger, cumin seeds, cardamom powder, fennel seeds, and mineral salt Butternut squash with ghee, coriander … Continue reading
This morning I made this SUPER delicious and tummy-friendly butternut squash soup.
- 2 baby butternut squash, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 2 1/2 T ghee
- 1 T fennel seeds
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1/2 t dried orange peel
- 1″ fresh grated ginger
- 2 c chopped kale
Sautee the ginger, fennel seeds, and cumin in ghee (in a pressure cooker pot) until the aroma comes up. Add squash and parsnip and stir to coat them in spice mixture. Add water to barely cover the veggies. Put the lid on the pot and bring it up to pressure. Cook for 10 minutes, turn off heat. Once de-pressurized, take off the lid , and use an immersion blender to bring to a smooth soupy consistency. Add the kale and serve with a sprinkle of fennel seeds.
- Millet and quinoa with coconut oil and a dash of cardamom
- Garbanzos with sesame oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander and sesame seed
- Sweet potato, yam, carrot and butternut squash (!) with fresh ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and a pinch of cardamom
- Kale and cashews with fresh ginger and turmeric, cumin, fennel seed and mustard seed